This is a Java based tool for translating HTML, OpenOffice.org and plain text
documents. We would recommend that you use it for translation of these
documents when found in Free Software projects.
OmegaT can also translate key=value files, Java .properties files and a number
of other files, including Microsoft Office 2007 (with tag soup).
- OmegaT’s handling of PO files is non-standard, but it can handle partially
translated PO files. The dev team is quick to fix any reported bugs.
- OmegaT’s support for msgctxt is not 100% right.
- OmegaT’s support for plurals may not be 100% right.
- OmegaT does not display comments to the translator (including translator
comments and context comments).
- OmegaT translates identical source segments with identical targets.