Wordfast Translation Memory
The Wordfast format, as used by the Wordfast translation tool, is a
simple tab delimited file.
The storage format can read and write Wordfast TM files.
- Escaping – The format correctly handles Wordfast
&'XX; escaping and will
unescape and escape seamlessly.
- Soft-breaks – these are not managed and are left as escaped
- Replaceables – these are not managed
- Header – Only basic updating and reading of the header is implemented
- Tab-separated value (TSV) – the format correctly handles the TSV format used
by Wordfast. There is no quoting, Windows newlines are used and the
is used as a delimiter (see issue 472)