XLIFF[*] is the OASIS standard for translation.
XLIFF also has documents that specify the conversion from various standard
source documents and localisation formats.
- PO – For conformance to the po2xliff spec, see xliff2po.
- HTML – not implemented
- Java (includes .properties and Java resource bundles) – not implemented
- ICU Resource Bundles – not officially being developed by XLIFF – Proposed
- File creation and parsing
- API can create multiple files in one XLIFF (some tools only read the first
- source-language attribute
- trans-unit with
- note: addnote() and getnotes()
- fuzzy: isfuzzy() and markfuzzy()
- translated: marktranslated()
- needs-review-translation: isreview(), markreviewneeded()
- id: setid()
- context-group: createcontextgroup()
- context groups